Thursday, July 14, 2011

WebLogic 10.3.4 Zip Distribution

I had a chance today to download and play with the WebLogic ZIP Distribution that was introduced in version 10.3.4.  I have been curious about this for a while, and after hearing some complaints on Twitter about the installation and startup time I figured I would give it a shot.

I have to say, I was pretty (pleasantly) surprised about the installation and usage of the ZIP distribution.  I was able to get it downloaded, installed and running in about 5 minutes!  I think its fair to say that you have to see it to believe it yourself, so I recorded a video (link below). 

I was able to get it installed and running on my 2010 MacBook Pro 15”, logged into the Admin Console in about 2 minutes.  Granted, not everyone has access to a fast development machine so I decided to try it on a different machine.  I’ve got a DELL XPS 400 which has a Core 2 DUO (first version of the multi-core CPU) where I’m running vSphere and Windows XP in a Virtual Machine.  In this scenario I was able to get WebLogic installed and running in 3 MINUTES!

Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment